Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wot's all this, then?

For a few months now, I've noticed something while walking from my car in the office parking lot to my building. Then again, on my way back to my car at the end of the day. It is something on the ground and it's remained there for all this time. It must've been scraped up by the plows over the winter but it hasn't disappeared with the fairer weather.

It's a patch of the paint, or whatever it is, they use to coat the lot.

There are bits and pieces of it everywhere but this one caught my eye due to its size - and it's conspicuous shape.

After the first couple times I saw it, it dawned on me. It looked like the United Kingdom.

This morning on my way in, I decided to snap a photo of it for perusal here.

Turns out it was a good incentive to find a new FTP program to upload files, too. I needed something on my laptop I could use to transfer files to my remote storage site. I found what appears to be a good program for doing that. Much improved over my utility I have on my pc.

Anyway, here's a map of the UK I've borrowed from a website ::




Here's the photo I snagged this morning. Granted, it's not a precise replica of the actual island - but I think it's close enough ::




I wonder if anyone else has noticed the similarities.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Iceland Eyes said...

Ok, that's weird. And very cool! Love that kind of stuff...takes a discerning eye to spot the more-than-usual in life. Good job, V.S.!